|Give Us Back Our Game|
AVB won't be rushed over future
Former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas says he is in no hurry to decide on his next move amid speculation linking him with the vacant Liverpool job.
The 34-year-old, whose old side won the UEFA Champions League on Saturday, is thought to be a frontrunner for the Anfield role following Kenny Dalglish's departure.
Reports suggest the Portuguese boss, who spent an unsuccessful nine months at Stamford Bridge earlier this season, will meet with the club's owners this week to discuss the position.
But Villas-Boas insists he will not be rushed into any decision, saying: "I'm still choosing the right project and that decision will take the necessary time."
The manager is among several candidates being linked with the Liverpool job, with Wigan boss Roberto Martinez another reported favourite for the role.
Villas-Boas has been out of work since he was dismissed as Chelsea boss in March following a run of poor results.
The Portuguese congratulated his successor at Stamford Bridge, Roberto Di Matteo, who stepped into the breach when Villas-Boas was sacked and led them to European glory with victory over Bayern Munich.
"The biggest award is to win the Champions League," said Villas-Boas. "Congratulations to Di Matteo and the players."
Date: 2012-05-21 10:12:05